33)You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

If I were given money as a gift and had a choice between buying a piece of jewelry that I like or tickets to a concert that I want to attend, I would most likely choose the concert tickets. It would be nice to have some new jewelry, but I think the concert tickets would be the better choice. This is because a concert is a lifelong experience and because I can enjoy a concert with my friends.

Most of all, a piece of jewelry can be pretty and I feel good when I wear it, but music is a lifelong interest that I will continue to have throughout my life. Going to a live concert can be a wonderful experience that I will remember for a long time, but when I buy a piece of jewelry, the good feeling I get from buying it will last only a short time. The gift of going to a concert can keep on giving even after the concert is over. If I enjoy the concert, I can buy the music that I saw live on a CD and listen to it many times over and relive the experience. Each time I listen to the music, I might find a new detail that I did not notice before, but a piece of jewelry is always the same.

In addition, not only would I enjoy going to a concert with the money I receive as a gift, but my friends would also enjoy attending the concert with me. It is always nice to listen to music, but it is made even more enjoyable when it is seen live with friends. If my friends and I tire of doing the same old things together, like going to coffee shops or movie theaters, a concert would liven up and renew our friendship. If I bought a piece of jewelry, my friends would not really be able to enjoy it with me because I am the only one that can wear it, but by going to a concert together we would be able to strengthen our relationship.

To sum up, while having a new piece of jewelry is nice, I would prefer to buy tickets for a concert if I were given money as a gift. The reasons why I would choose the concert tickets over a piece of jewelry are that going to a concert can be a wonderful and lifelong experience, and that I can improve relations with my friends by attending a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment