13)Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People have the choice of either eating in or dining out, depending on what suits their needs. While eating in has several advantages, I prefer to go out to eat, as it is easier overall, saves time, and lets me try a variety of interesting dishes from various countries.

Being a working person, I spend long hours in an office and even more time driving back and forth between home and work. The time spent both driving and working makes it difficult to prepare food. For me, it is easiest to simply go to a restaurant and get prepared food to take home or to the office. Ordering by phone, I can pick up my food just as it is ready. Another comfort that prepared food offers is that I can eat together with my friends at work. Preparing food at home, while I could invite friends over to dinner, not only would I have to clean up, it may be difficult to schedule a time where everyone is available. Eating out also makes other outdoor activities possible. I can eat wherever I go, any fun place, movie theatre, or even while traveling. Restaurants are always available throughout the city, which allows me to save time no matter where I am.

Besides allowing me to save a lot of time, I don’t have to do any preparation work. When cooking at home, I would have to go buy vegetables or other ingredients. I would have to clean, cut and fry food. Afterwards, I would need to do the dishes and a lot of cleaning up, instead of getting fresh food delivered in minutes. Eating at a restaurant allows people to do other things like reading, watching TV, listen to music, going out to the theatre, or have fun with friends. By going to a restaurant I can accomplish more tasks instead of wasting the time preparing food.

In addition, at a restaurant I can choose from a variety of dishes. For example, at an Indian restaurant I can choose between Northern Indian, Southern Indian, Punjabi, or Bengali cuisine all in one place. Likewise, I can sample a wide variety of pasta dishes at an Italian restaurant, such as spaghetti. Not only are the dishes in restaurants served with style and beauty, but I find it a mouth watering experience as the chef brings piping hot food directly to the table.

To conclude, I am fond of going both food stands and restaurants because of their convenience and wide variety, which suits my needs and makes my life more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment